Foundations of Primary Prevention of Violence against Women
About this course
This one-day course is based on the Australian national Change the Story framework for preventing violence against women, developed by Our Watch. It includes a range of interactive activities and resources.
Foundations of Primary Prevention of Violence against Women will provide participants with an introduction to:
- a primary prevention approach to addressing the underlying determinants of violence against women.
- the 4 gendered drivers of violence against women.
- other drivers of violence against women.
- essential actions to challenge drivers of violence against women.
- actions that individuals and organisations can take to prevent violence against women.
- managing resistance at the individual and organisational level.
- embedding strategies for wellbeing and sustainability.
Venue: Conference Room, City West Lotteries House, 2 Delhi St, West Perth
Cost: $80. Includes Course booklet, Attendance certificate, morning tea and lunch.
Contact: Alicia Gibbs, Preventing Violence Together firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already engaging in primary prevention and would like to advance your practice, please get in touch to discuss your professional development needs, as PVT is currently planning our 2024 training calendar.